Wednesday, May 31, 2017

FO: Enchanted Rose

This was my first experience using gradient yarn. Most definitely not the last one. I see a lot of gradient project in my future.

This project has a unique construction. It started with the bottom edging knit sideways, then you pick up the stitches and knit the body together with the side edging.

I originally knitted this project using lace weight yarn to submit to Wool People. Unfortunately it got rejected. Thus, I re-knitted it again using gradient fingering for my own MKAL.

Here is the original sample that I knit using lace weight yarn:


Pattern: Enchanted Rose (Small size)
Materials: Rendezvous Pleasure (800 yd/100g skein; 55% Cashmere / 45% Silk) in Chartreuse colorway
Quantity: 0.5 skein
Needle: 3.25 mm 
Start Date: 8 July 2016
Finish Date: 10 July 2016
Finished Size on Blocking Board: Wingspan: 127 cm / 50" ; Depth: 47 cm / 18.5"


Here is the fingering weight yarn version:



Pattern: Enchanted Rose (Small)
Materials: Rendezvous Precious Gradient (437 yd/100g skein; 80% Superwash Merino / 20% Cashmere) in Featherduster colorway
Quantity: 1 skein
Beads: Miyuki Berry Lined Light Topaz AB size 6
Needle: 4.00 mm
Start Date: 30 January 2017
Finish Date: 26 February 2017
Finished Size on Blocking Board: Wingspan: 168 cm / 66" ; Depth: 40 cm / 16"


No comments: